Running DRC over butted vs. merged polygons

edited February 2018 in KLayout Support
Hi I have run into an issue with some DRC code that I am writing. While I have multiple layers in my layout, I want to ensure that layer1 is enclosed by layer2 and hence I am using the following command:

layer1.not_inside(layer2).output("layer1 not inside layer2", "layer1 must be enclosed in layer2")

The layout has multiple levels of hierarchy and while in the sub-cells, layer1 is not full enclosed in layer2, at the highest level of hierarchy, layer1 and layer2 shapes are butted together and layer1 IS FULLY ENCLOSED in layer2. When I run the DRC code at the highest level of hierarchy, I get an error highlighting the entire layer1 butted polygon. When I flatten the hierarchy and merge all the shapes for layer1 and layer2, the error goes away.

So two questions:
1) Is there a way to "merge" shapes through the hierarchy just to run DRC? I see commands such as "flat" or "clean" but I do not fully comprehend the usage based on the documentation.
2) Has anyone had this issue before?

Thanks,

Vikas

Comments

• edited February 2018

Hi Vikas,

this may be related to this bug: https://github.com/klayoutmatthias/klayout/issues/69

It's fixed already and I am preparing 0.25.1 with this bug fix (among others) right now.

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Thank you very much Matthias!
  • edited November -1

Hi Vikas,

0.25.1 is out now. Please try it and give feedback. If that's not solving the issue I'd need a testcase to be able to further debug it.

Regards,

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

Apologies for the delayed response. This release has resolved the issue!! Thank you very much!

Vikas