TIFF images are loading with many error messages on Windows Klayout0.25.x

Hi Matthias-

I'm getting a lot of error messages when loading a TIFF files on Windows Klayout0.25.x (happens on both Win10 & Win7)

The file loads finally but I have to dismiss ~50 error messages.

It does not happen on Windows Klayout0.24.x . It does not happen when loading JPEG file.

I wonder if other users have the same issue.

Happy holidays, Itamar

Comments

• Hi Itamar,

Qt comes with certain image reader plugins and I assume the issue is related to this. 0.25 is built using the gcc/MSYS2 combination and maybe the TIFF plugin is broken (or more sensitive). For 0.26 I can basically switch to MSVC 2017, but I don't know if the TIFF issue will be fixed then. And this switch will come with other risks.

Matthias

• Hi Matthias-

How can I report this issue to the author of the plug-in?

Thanks

• edited January 2019

Before you do so, maybe you can try with the latest 0.26 build from https://www.klayout.org/downloads/master/windows/klayout-0.26-win64-install.exe (or win32). It's based on a pretty recent Qt5 and MSVC 2017. If the problem still persists, you can try to report it.

Regards,

Matthias

• Thanks for looking into it.

I tried installing 0.26. It did not work when trying to install on folder 'Klayout' saying dll files are missing.

After that, i tried to install on 'Klayout(64bit)' folder and it did install.
    However, it does not let me open GDS files (unknown format).
    I started a new design to bypass it and it lets me load tiff without issue.

So maybe I need to wait for when 0.26 is officially in the download page?

Itamar

• Hi Itamar,

thanks for your feedback. I'll take a look why the installer isn't working. I hope, it will be released officially soon.

Thanks,

Matthias

• Hi Itamar,

I have fixed the "unknown format" issue with the installer.

I'd like to know what issue you have with missing DLL files. Could you tell me if the message says which DLL is missing?

Thanks,

Matthias

• Hi Matthias-

TIFF file loading works fine on the new 0.26.
    I had to change the the installation path from 'Program Files' to 'Program Files(x86)' though.

Thanks for fixing it!!!

Itamar

• edited January 2019

working fine with 0.26

• Matthias-

After installing 0.26 at it's own new separate folder it all works fine

Itamar