DRC: Remove identical polygons

Dear Matthias,

I sometimes have identical polygons that will trigger (false-positive) overlap with the "merged()" method. Is there a way to first remove identical polygons?

Xaveer

Comments

• Hi Xaveer,

but delivering the overlap between two shapes even if they are identical is a part of the feature. So suppressing overlap just in that case seems like an arbitrary restriction to me.

If you look for "layout normalization": removing duplicate shapes is a side effect of OASIS saving (with compression). Maybe this helps.

Regards,

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Indeed, I understand that this will limit the function of the overlap check, but for now that would still be preferred.
    How to specify compression on the OASIS saving? I now use target() in the DRC runset, but it is not clear to me how to pass any options.

Thanks,
    Xaveer

• Hi Matthias,

Compression is the default, so it works without other options.

Thanks a lot!
    Xaveer

• Yes exactly, compression is the default :-)

You can switch it off by setting the compression level to 0. But unless there is a specific reason you wouldn't do that.

Matthias

• Although not needed now, how should I set the compression level?

Thanks,
    Xaveer

• It's set in the "Writer Options" and is called "compaction level" there (sorry, naming consistency isn't my strength …). 0 is "no compression", 1 … enable compression with a increasingly deeper search for repetitions. On level 1 upwards, redundant shapes are removed as they comprise a kind of "null repetition".

Matthias