RedHat Enterprise 6.0 Klayout Build

edited November 2011 in KLayout Support
Hello Matthias,

I recently tried to the following builds for klayout version 21.13:

first build:

[root@thor klayout-0.21.13]# ./build.sh -qtbin /usr/lib64/qt4/bin -qtinc /usr/include/Qt -qtlib /usr/lib64/at-3.3/lib

Qt installation directory is /usr/lib64/at-3.3/lib (lib), /usr/lib64/qt4/bin (tools) and /usr/include/Qt (includes)
Ruby installation directory is (lib), (includes) and not-used (config for 1.9.x)
Platform is linux-64-gcc-release
*** ERROR: no Qt headers in /usr/include/Qt

Second Build:

[root@thor klayout-0.21.13]# ./build.sh -qtbin /usr/lib64/qt4/bin -qtinc /usr/include/QtGui -qtlib /usr/lib64/at-3.3/lib
Qt installation directory is /usr/lib64/at-3.3/lib (lib), /usr/lib64/qt4/bin (tools) and /usr/include/QtGui (includes)
Ruby installation directory is (lib), (includes) and not-used (config for 1.9.x)
Platform is linux-64-gcc-release
*** ERROR: no Qt headers in /usr/include/QtGui
[root@thor klayout-0.21.13]#

I am probably not pointing to the correct Qt header files. Can you tell me what header files I should be pointing to?

thank you

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Hi Rosario,

I am not familiar with RedHat myself.

From what you told, I'd first suggest to use /usr/include as the -qtinc path. Secondly, you should check where the libQt*.so (in particular libQtCore.so, libQtGui.so, libQtXml.so) libraries are located. The may be even in /usr/lib64. Use the folder which contains the libQt*.so libraries as the argument for -qtlib.

Best regards,

Matthias
  • edited November -1
    Got it to work.

Fedora release 16 (Verne)

- Changing line 55 of klayout-0.21.19/build.sh from
    QTINCLUDE="/usr/include/qt4"
    to
    QTINCLUDE="/usr/include/Qt"

- Changing line 213 of klayout-0.21.19/build.sh from
    if [ ! -r $QTINCLUDE/QtCore/Qt ]; then
    to
    if [ ! -r $QTINCLUDE/QtCore ]; then

- Changing line 56 of klayout-0.21.19/build.sh from
    QTBIN="/usr/bin"
    to
    QTBIN="/usr/lib/qt4/bin"
  • edited November -1

Hallo,

you can achieve the same using the -qbin and -qtinc options of build.sh. But hacking build.sh for that purpose is a valid option as well :-)

Best regards,

Matthias