Search and replace instance

Hi everybody,

I have list of instance B1,B2,....Bn and A1,A2,....An.
How can i replace B1 = A1, B2 = A2 ... Bn = An by using "search and replace" query

thanks.

dai

Comments

• You mean the names of the new cells are constructed by replacing the "A" prefix by "B"?

Here is such a custom query:

with instances of cells * where cell_name ~ "A(*)" do inst.cell_index = <<"B"+$1>>

This may need some explanation:

"instances of cells *" is a bit misleading (owned to the pseudo-natural language of the query): it actually means "instances contained in all cells". So "with instances of cells *" is a loop over all instances of all cells.

"cell_name" is referring to the "cell_name" attribute of these instances, "~" is the match operator. It accepts a "glob pattern" (think shell) and "A(*)" will match all A-prefixed names. The remaining part is captured by the bracket. It will become available as "$1" in the subsequent expressions.

<<"B"+$1>> is a cell reference by name (name string expression inside double angle brackets) and resolves into a cell index which can be assigned to the instance's cell_index attribute.

Hope that's not too confusing :)

Matthias

• Thanks Matthias,

This is exactly what I want.
    Your explanation is very clearly Matthias. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

:smile: :smile:
    thanks again.
    daipv