Wide Coordinates for Windows version

Hi Matthias,

Sorry to disturb you again, currently the klayout Windows version did not enable the wide coordinates option,
is it possible to enable it in next release ? We tried the latest version (even 0.27.1) and got the "Unsigned integer value overflow"
with some large precision db.

Really appreciate your kindly response, thank you.

--
chhung

Comments

• @phlion As wide coordinates take twice as much memory I have not enabled them by default and it's still kind of experimental. So far I have not seen many requests for wide coordinates.

You can find regular builds of the master branch including 64bit coordinate support here: https://www.klayout.org/downloads/master/

The current build with 64bit coordinate is this: windows/klayout-0.27.1-win64-c64-install.exe

Please note that even though these builds are called after a specific version, they are snapshots taken from the development branch. The binaries are also unsigned, so use them at your own risk.

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Really thanks for your quickly response, we tried this program "klayout-0.27.1-win64-c64-install.exe" , and it fixed the "Unsigned integer value overflow" problem we encountered.

Thank you so much~ :smiley:

--
    chhung

• Very good :)

I have initiated standard builds for wide coordinates on Windows. I do not recommend using them, but I'll try to make them available for download for future releases.

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Hello,

I installed the windows master "klayout-master-win64-c64-install.exe" in a new folder "KLayout64bc" but got the following error when running the app:

What could be the issue? The regular version (0.28.11) installed and runs without a problem (Windows 10)...

Cheers,

Tomas

• Hi Thomas,

I am upgrading the Windows libraries currently because of this issue: https://www.klayout.de/forum/discussion/2399/red-alert-klayout-package-manager-will-stop-working-beginning-of-2024-with-github-hosted-packages#latest

It's likely the master builds are temporarily broken.

I trigger a complete rebuild which may fix that issue - it will take a few hours from now.

Matthias

• Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Noted, I'll try again soon!

Cheers,

Tomas