What should I do if I want to write LVS script?

Hi,

I am new to LVS script.
Generally, I want to write LVS script and do LVS vertification in silicon photonics. The layout is usually made of passive devices and active devices. Passive devices usually include waveguide, multimode interferometer, crossing, edge coupler, grating coupler and etc. Those are optical devices.
Active devices usually include photodetector, modulator, thermal phase shifter and etc. Those are optical-electrical devices.

Those devices are all on SOI platform.

What can LVS check in silicon photonics?
Could anyone give me some suggestion?

Comments

• edited September 2021

@laurent_c ,

Thank you very much for your respond and your kindness of providing this file.

I wonder, would it be convient for you to provide a gds file? Thus I can check it using this script and understand this script deeply?

Anyway, thank you again for your respond and kindness.

Best regards!
    Weiling

• @Weiling_Zheng You will find many examples in KLayout's regression database here: https://github.com/KLayout/klayout/tree/master/testdata/lvs

Matthias

• @Matthias,

Thank you very much for providing database. It is very kind of you.

Weiling

• edited October 2021

@Matthias ,
    I am sorry, but I don't know how to run those examples. It always comes wrong, shown as follows:

What is wrong with this? Could you give me some suggestions?

I also have some other questions:

1. What is the function of "bbdevices.net"?
      It seems that it only appear in the first example.

2. Does the file with format of ".cir" should be prepared and written by myself before doing LVS?

Is there any tutorial on how to write this file?

1. Are file with format of ".lvsdb" the result file of LVS, right?

Best regards!
    Weiling

• @Weiling_Zheng The tutorial is here: https://www.klayout.de/doc-qt5/manual/lvs.html

"bbdevices.net" is the schematic netlist (in SPICE format) you want to compare against.

To run the sample interactively, replace the first three lines by "report_lvs" which does not write the results to a file but shows it in the browser. Skipping "source" will take the loaded layout and skipping "target_netlist" will not write the extracted netlist to a file:

report_lvs
    schematic("bbdevices.net")

Matthias