Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rulers/Measure have stopped working...

I have no idea 'why' my rulers and measure have stopped working... Several other people in my group have noticed the same thing. Any ideas on how to fix?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!

I searched for an answer to this before posting, but it doesn't look as if this is a wide-spread issue. I couldn't find any posts about this.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi,

I guess that is related to a broken configuration. Could you try removing or renaming ~/.klayout/klayoutrc (Linux) or %HOME%\KLayout\klayoutrc (Windows)? This should make KLayout start with a clean configuration.

In case you have configured KLayout to use a different file (through option -c or the KLAYOUT_HOME) environment variable), check this place.

Regards,

Matthias

• Hi, Matthias,

Thanks for the rapid response!

I tried removing the %HOME%\KLayout\klayoutrc file and restarting KLayout - without success. The program started with a "clean" configuration, but I still could not measure or place a ruler.

I have also uninstalled KLayout 0.25.7 and installed older versions (computer reboots in between) to try to get it working again - without success. One of the people in my group was using rulers one day and the next day it would not work. No change to the program at all. Very odd. I have no idea what to do now.

Ideas?

Thanks,
    Kevin

• Hi Kevin,

Maybe there is a macro installed which somehow prevents using rulers.

Macros are kept inside %HOME%\KLayout too in the macros, ruby etc folders. So you could rename the entire "KLayout" folder to something else. Then KLayout should start with a clean config and no macros.

Regards,

Matthias