Some questions about writing DRC rules

Hi all, I am a postgraduate student, I am trying to write some rules, and I have some questions.

First, I wanna check the width, but I also wanna ensure the width is not affected by some polygons with the wrong angle, What should I do?

This is what I done , What should I add to achieve a more complete width check?

min_aa_w = 500.nm
r_aa_w = aa.width(min_aa_w )
r_aa_w.output("AA_W: AAwidth < 0.5 µm")

I used calibre for DRC inspection before. I also want to know what is the biggest difference between Klayout and Calibre for DRC?

Second,How to write a DRC script when checking the distance between different nets?
The specific requirement is Space between DNW and NW at different nets
I just write like this, but I do not know how to write "different net"

min_DNW__NW_s = 300.nm

r__DNW__NW_s = dnw.separation(nw, min_DNW__NW_s )
r__DNW__NW_s.output("DNW__NW_s: space to nw distance < #{'%.12g' % min_DNW__NW_s } µm")

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes!
Shida

Comments

• Ok , i know how to write the rules to check the angle now, but I still confused on different nets problem..

• @Shida I'm sorry, but KLayout currently can't check distances between different nets. Thats a development branch which is not yet addressed.

Please don't expect you can easily substitute Calibre by KLayout. Mentor doesn't take the money for no reason.

Matthias

• @Matthias
    Thank for you reply!
    Ok, That makes sense..
    Where can I know the difference between Klayout and Calibre? I am very curious.
    Maybe the GDS design I made is not so complicated. I compared the two software myself, and I began to think that there was no difference between Klayout and Calibre.
    I really respect you very much. I think klayout really helps a lot of people who can't afford calibre to learn!
    Best wishes!

Shida

• By the way,
    I am trying to check some polygons with 45-degree edge.

min_edge_aa_fourfive = 0.45um
    edge_aa_fourfive = aa.with_angle(45.degree)
    r_aa_width_fourfive = edge_aa_fourfive.width(min_edge_aa_fourfive )
    r_aa_width_fourfive .output("AA_W with 45 degree : AAwidth 45 degree < 0.45 µm")

But it does not work

Thanks in advance!

• You can find many DRC examples here :
    https://github.com/laurentc2/SKY130_for_KLayout/blob/main/drc/drc_sky130.lydrc
    https://github.com/laurentc2/FreePDK45_for_KLayout/blob/master/drc/drc_freepdk45.lydrc

For your 45 degree DRC :

edge_aa_fourfive = aa.with_angle(0 .. 45)
    edge_aa_fourfive.output("AA_W with 45 degree : AAwidth 45 degree < 0.45 µm")

or more simple :

aa.with_angle(0 .. 45).output("AA_W with 45 degree : AAwidth 45 degree < 0.45 µm")

Laurent

• Thanks, @laurent_c , I still confused...
    In your code, it selects the 45 degrees, but what I wanna do is to check the width of 45 degrees of aa
    how can I do that?

• Sorry, here is the way to check it :

min_edge_aa_fourfive = 0.45um
    ((aa.edges.with_angle(45.degree))+(aa.edges.with_angle(135.degree))).width(min_edge_aa_fourfive).output("AA_W with 45 degree : AAwidth 45 degree < 0.45 µm")

Laurent

• Thanks! @laurent_c
    You are so nice! It helps me a lot.

I have already read all the code you upload in github, it is very Conciseness but useful, and I learn a lot!
    Wish you have a good day.
    BEST WISHES
    Shida