How to implement an auxiliary layer in LVS, when calculating extracted parameters

When I calculate the parameters of the extracted device, I want to implement a function similar to the auxiliary layer of calibre, where the auxiliary layer does not affect the recognition of the device, but affects the calculation of the parameters.
For example a resistor consists of a res layer (3/50030) and a pin layer (4/50040), when there is a conductor met layer (5/50050) covering the middle of the resistor, the resistance value of the resistor is affected and the actual effective length of the resistor is l_res-l_met.

Now in KLayout LVS when the device is extracted, all the pin layers will be stored in layer_geometry. layer_geometry records the shape of the pin, but not the position of the pin, the coordinates recorded in layer_geometry are relative, according to my observation, I think the lower left corner of layer_geometry is set is (0,0). For example, the Box of the left pin of resistor is lower left (11.06900,1.91100) upper right (12.06900,3.91100),

Obviously, it is empty:

The extracted polygons are reconverted with the lower left corner as the zero point, so they cannot be directly operated with the layers in the source file.

How can I achieve this? I have given the test case in the attachment. The length between the two pins is 8u, after receiving the influence of the aux layer, the calculated length should be 4u

Comments

• Define your own special purpose layer in the .lyp, build
    it into the device layout(s) and use as you see fit?

• @dick_freebird
    I get it, I can define two different devices, one with an auxiliary layer overlay and one without, so that solves the problem, thanks!