package manager->set repository.xml in intranet server

Hi,
I am trying deploy the package manager within our organization.
I placed a repository.xml file in our intranet server, managed by a Visual SVN server. I guess it should speak WebDav (I am not an expert).
I mapped the repository.xml location in the system environment variable, but I get the following error
Error 6: Network API error, fetching "https: //IP address/svn/ <repository_folder> /repository.xml"
I can access the repository xml from the web browser

Could it be an authentication problem? Can I fix it?
To enter in the intranet server we need to provide an extra login/pass.

thank you

Comments

• Hi,

My guess is this part is the problem https://IP address. Unless you have an internal certificate installed on all machines to recognize this as a valid certificate.

If you have an internal certificate: I don´t think KLayout can do any authentication against the svn server ( @Matthias might correct me about this ;) ). I recently set up an apache webdav-svn server. And that works flawlessly. But I have anonymous read access though.

Best,
    Sebastian

• @TommasoLunghi Basically, HTTPS is supported. Error 6 is a TSL/SSL handshake error. As @sebastian mentioned, it's likely that a certificate issue is the reason for the fail. The most common problems are self-signed or expired certificates. Firefox will tell you this when you visit the document. So maybe you can try with Firefox in case you have used a different browser.

Basic authentication is provided by KLayout, but there is no password cache. You'll have to enter the network password whenever you restart KLayout.

Matthias

• Hi @sebastian,
    thank you for your reply.

Someone suggests me to create a shared folder with the repository files. I am using windows 10, would this be working?
    I have not been able to try and if you know already the answer that is definitively helpful.

thanks
    Tommaso

• By shared folder, I assume you mean a network drive? Yes that works, but I found it cumbersome and version control is not nicely possible. But it is possible, then you need urls like file:///

• edited September 2021

Dear all,
    thanks to your comments I managed to set up the repository file and I am now able to see the packages. Still when I try to install them I keep getting the error below. I initially thought about a permission denied issue but the permission level is set to "read and write".

To check that the files and the directory tree are correct, I mapped the same location as a network drive and change the "\" in the repository.xml file from http: //IP/.. to file: K:/... . The install works correctly.

Do you have any suggestions?

• edited September 2021

No sorry, it's absolutely impossible for me to debug your problem with this little information. I don't even know what a "Visual SVN server" is supposed to be.

Check your server's log files. They will contain details. And get some support by an expert.

The configuration I have tested is Apache/SVN. nginx+Apache/SVN should work too. KLayout can also operate with GitHub's SVN bridge, but that is only for information.

Matthias

• Thank you anyway Matthias and Sebastian, I understand that is a very specific questions.
    Tommaso