[Bug] Resizing box to 20 x 3000 micrometers

edited September 2012 in General
Hello,

I tried to draw the simple pattern described in the attached pdf file (see link below) using KLayout editor for MAC OS X.

However, I can't manage to resize a simple box. I would like to :

- Set the size of the rectangle (for instance 20 microns x 3000 microns).
- Set its position on the layout (coordinates).

but KLayout is not letting me do that. The "size shape" command has little or no effect. I suspect a bug, but I am unsure.

Best regards,
Jean

The project :
https://depot.u-bourgogne.fr/?dlid=151f16f2061e97e9419925a4d0825d5a

Comments

• edited September 2012
    To give some additional details, when I do Edit->Selection->SizeShapes and set a value (for instance: "20, 3000"), the shape slightly changes size, but looks really more like a big square, than like the thin rectangle it should be… I must be missing something...
  • edited November -1

Hi Jean,

To move a shape that you have already drawn, use the "move" mode. Select this mode, pick the shape you want to move and drop it at the desired location.

To resize a box, use the "Partial mode". This lets you select a corner or edge of the box and move it.

To resize a box numerically, double-click the box and change the values in the properties dialog.

The "size" function enlarges a polygon by shifting the edges outward by the given distance or inward for a negative distance. "Sizing" is a term frequently used to describe this operation. Another term often used in that context is "bias".

You'll find that information and some more in the manual section of this site.

Matthias

• edited November -1
    Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much for your reply.
    I used your technique (double-click the box and change the values in the properties dialog) and, indeed, it works.
    However, I can't resize the box using width/length. I must enter the coordinates. It is an inconvenient, but I can do with it.

Do you know why Edit->Selection->SizeShapes isn't working ?

Thanks,
    Jean
  • edited November -1

Hi Jean,

the current version 0.22 allows to edit the boxes width/height.

The size function should work - I use it frequently myself. Maybe you can be more specific, i.e. give a precise recipe how to reproduce that problem. I may have a chance to take a look at it then.

Best regards,

Matthias