New web site styling ... please give feedback

edited January 2020 in General

I'm currently cleaning up the web site somewhat.

You can check the latest version here (not entirely functional and might be broken temporarily because I'm working on it): https://www.klayout.de/staging.

I'd welcome feedback.

Caution: the staging page uses a separate database for the forum. So everything you put in there will be lost.

Matthias

Comments

• Looks like it's got everything that I come to the forum for, and a bit more "marketing friendly" look to it (for whatever that's worth).

I am getting a lot of Firefox "invalid certificate" / "expired certificate" warnings presently, at the "old" site (klayout.de). This could be an artifact of rearrangement?

• Thanks for your feedback :)

"marketing friendly" wasn't my intention - more like "being as catchy as all the others". And the look is owed to increasing demand for mobile device compatibility.

My SSL certificate expired for a few hours. I guess you caught that during this period.

Matthias

• It is now up but I could probably still comment: all amazing.
    I can see not much changes from the previous structure but a lot of great visual and even more comprehensive for all levels.

If I could allow myself a remark it would be about searches through website or the forum: I still happen to still search often my content using google instead of the proposed search fields.

• Thanks for the feedback about the search feature. It's not really elastic search yet, just a keyword query in a SQL database. It's not high on my prio list, but I'll try to consider it on occasion.

Thanks,

Matthias

• Thank you for your awesome work Matthias! The new website is amazing! The new functionality of LVS seems that will help for not experience users using schematics (as me). I have realized that with a netlist, an schematic connection, etc it is possible to implement autorouting as https://freerouting.org/freerouting/manual, could it be?

• Thanks for your feedback.

Actually autorouting comes before LVS. LVS in that context is supposed to ensure the router has not made an mistake. There are a couple of free routers available (e.g. Coriolis). But KLayout comes into play only afterwards.

Matthias