No Binaries are generated - when I build klayout from source file (klayout-0.27.8.tar.gz)

I tried to build klayout multiple times, but I am not successful in building it I think so. I used below line to run build.sh

$ build.sh -j4 - build -bin

Build is successful without error; but no binaries are created under specified "bin" path.

I loaded following dependencies.

ruby/ruby/2.5.0
python/python/3.5.1
qtsoftware/qt/5.1.0

Kindly help.

• Vinod S

Comments

• This doesn't look like the install / build instructions I followed the
    last time I built from source. I don't recognize 'build' command in
    all that.

I recommend you find and follow the basic instructions, and look
    at the log for complaints about dependencies or other "fails".

• Hi Dick,

I followed the link "https://www.klayout.de/build.html" to install klayout 0.27.8. Below are the instructions mentioned from the link,

tar hzxvf klayout-.tar.gz
    cd klayout-

./build.sh

My build.sh line is below,

depot-rhe7w4:vinsor01 > ./build.sh -j4 -build /arm/scratch/vinsor01/othertools/klayout/rhe7/klayout-0.27.8 -bin /arm/scratch/vinsor01/othertools/klayout/rhe7/bin/

As you mentioned, can you please share your installation steps that you build from source?

• Vinod S
  • Sorry, I cannot help with such little information. Please share the build log and system details (compiler, Qt version, etc.). You'll need a few support packages like Ruby and Python development headers. KLayout is not very picky and does not have many dependencies. Still setting up a build on a company network requires some experience.

Matthias